Ministry of Justice: This Practice Direction (PD) Update No.4 of 2023 makes amendments to two existing Practice Directions underpinning HMCTS’s online systems for certain types of family proceedings.
- This pilot PD underpins HMCTS’s online system whereby applications for certain orders in relation to children, such as for a child arrangements order, can be generated online by an applicant. It is currently stated to end on 31st October 2023.
- PD Update No 4 of 2023 extends this end date to 31st March 2024, in line with a similar extension to PD36ZD (below).
- This pilot PD underpins HMCTS’s Private Family Law digital service which currently applies to applications for orders under section 8 Children Act 1989, such as for a child arrangements order, and under Part 4 Family Law Act 1996 for a non-molestation order or occupation order.
- PD Update No 4 of 2023:
- amends PD36ZD to underpin the planned extension HMCTS’s Private Family Law digital service to include other types of proceedings which are listed in new paragraph 1.2A of PD36ZD (as inserted by the Update).
- extends the end date of PD36ZD to 31st March 2024
- The Private Family Law digital service changes will be rolled out gradually, with the approval of senior judiciary.
The provisions in PD Update No.4 of 2023 come into force on 31st July 2023.