The Family Justice Council (FJC) has released draft guidance by its Working Group on responding to alienating behaviour.
The guidance is designed to assist the Family Court at whatever stage of the proceedings the issue of alienating behaviour is to be considered. It is made up of the following parts:
- Litigation Journey overview
- Guidance Note on Case Management
- Guidance Note on Welfare decisions
- Guidance Note on understanding hostility and psychological manipulation in cases in which alienating behaviours are alleged
- Guidance Note on the use of experts in cases in which alienating behaviours are alleged
The FJC has said it would welcome comments from stakeholders on the content of the draft guidance, and has accordingly launched a consultation. This will be open until 4pm on Monday 16th October 2023.
Responses are to be submitted to FJC@justice.gov.uk with the subject header: Response to FJC Consultation on Alienating Behaviour.
The FJC said once the consultation closes responses will be considered by the Working Group and then any proposed revisions will be presented to the Family Justice Council for consideration.