AlphaBiolabs is an award-winning and UKAS-accredited provider of DNA, drug & alcohol testing services for family law professionals across the UK.
- We offer a comprehensive range of DNA, drug & alcohol testing services, and test your clients’ samples in our own, in-house laboratories in Warrington, Cheshire.
- We have ISO 17025 accreditation with the extended UKAS LAB 51 accreditation for toxicology.
- We take a highly consultative approach, so will work closely with you to determine the most appropriate test(s) for your case – particularly important in unusual or complex cases.
- Our team of expert in-house geneticists and toxicologists are always on hand to answer technical queries or explain results and can provide evidence in court if required.
- A dedicated Case Manager will keep you up to date throughout the progress of each testing case.
- We offer rapid turnaround times on all testing services, including an award-winning standard next-day DNA testing service.
- We will collect your client’s sample within 24-48 hours of instruction, depending on your client’s availability. Our team of professional clinicians can visit your client at home, at your offices, in prison, hospital, or any other suitable location.
- We also have a national network of collection centres for your client to provide their sample(s) FREE of charge.
How has AlphaBiolabs evolved and developed since its inception?
Established in 2004, and headquartered in Warrington, Cheshire, our customer base spans the public, family & immigration solicitors, social services, businesses, academic institutions, and even the media.
We employ some of the foremost scientists in their fields of expertise, and have invested heavily in our UK laboratory, enabling us to test the widest variety of samples including cheek cell DNA, urine, oral fluid, hair, nails, blood, and other biological samples.
We continuously strive to enhance our services for the benefit of our customers and our commitment to remaining at the forefront of our industry is what sets us apart, instilling confidence and ensuring our customers always receive the highest possible standard of service.
How do you help support lawyers?
We’ve been providing legal DNA, drug and alcohol testing services for family law professionals, social workers, and local authorities for over 20 years.
With all legal tests performed under chain of custody conditions, and access to our UK-wide sample collectors and sample collection centres, you can trust us to deliver 100% reliable, court-approved results.
Our range of DNA testing services includes immigration cases, paternity, maternity, prenatal paternity, and complex relationships testing including sibling, grandparent, avuncular and cousin. We also have the fastest turnaround times in the UK for our DNA services and provide an enhanced expert report as standard.
For drug testing, we can test head hair, body hair, fingernail clippings, toenail clippings, oral fluid, and urine. Our free Drug Screen Plus service will identify any other drugs from our standard panel that you have not specifically asked us to test for.
What sets AlphaBiolabs apart, and why should family lawyers consider your services (e.g., MOJ approval)?
We have all the required accreditations to provide DNA, drug & alcohol testing in the UK, including:
- UKAS ISO 17025 with the new UKAS LAB 51 extension
This is the internationally recognised standard for Testing & Calibration Laboratories. A full list of our accredited processes can be found on our most up-to-date scope of accreditation.
We are also the only UK laboratory to hold ISO 17025 accreditation for non-invasive prenatal paternity (NIPP) testing.
- UKAS ISO 9001
This is the internationally recognised standard for the quality management of businesses.
- Ministry of Justice
We are accredited by the Ministry of Justice to carry out DNA relationship tests, as directed by the civil courts in England and Wales under Section 21 of the Family Law Reform Act (1969).
- Society of Hair Testing
We are members of the Society of Hair Testing. As such, we carry out all hair analysis in accordance with the agreed standards and best practice guidelines of this international scientific body.
Customer service excellence
We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. Our team of case managers will support you throughout each test, from advice on the most suitable test for your particular case, through sample collection to court-approved reporting and dealing with any post-reporting queries.
We offer highly competitive pricing, together with our price match guarantee.
Fast turnaround times
We strive to continuously improve our leading turnaround times for DNA, drug & alcohol testing from receipt of sample to issuing the test report.
We can collect donor samples from any location in the UK within 24-48 hours, including homes, hostels, workplaces, offices, and prisons, depending on the needs of your client.
We are also the only testing provider to offer FREE sample collections from our unique network of 13 collection centres.
Regardless of location, all samples are always collected under strict chain of custody conditions by our network of professional sample collectors.
How else do you support the legal sector? (i.e. webinars, learning centre and blogs)
We host regular webinars where attendees can learn about the latest developments in DNA, drug & alcohol testing. Each webinar also includes a Question & Answer session with our expert team of DNA and toxicology professionals.
Our website has a comprehensive learning centre with a range of articles that cover all you need to know about DNA, drug, alcohol testing.
In addition, our website blog brings you all the latest general news from AlphaBiolabs and the world of DNA, drug, and alcohol testing.
How can individuals get in touch with AlphaBiolabs?
Our Legal New Enquiry team can also be contacted using the details below for quotation or general enquiries.
(0333) 600 1300