As 2022 draws to a close, all of us at Today’s Media would like to extend the very warmest of wishes to all our readers, partners, contributors, and friends.
In 2022, our popular Today’s publications have grown in their respective fields of expertise: conveyancing, wills and probate, and family law. They have been complemented by a wider pool of contributors and regular writers, and we’re very grateful to organisations and individuals including the Legal Ombudsman, STEP, the anonymous author of our Diary of a High Street Conveyancer, our Cyber Conveyancer, the Conveyancing Association, and many more. Next year we hope to expand these columns and bring you more features and articles from around the legal industry.
Alongside daily news, industry insight, regulatory updates and best practice, 2022 has seen the launch of three podcasts: Today’s Conveyancer, Today’s Wills and Probate, and Today’s Family Lawyer Podcasts respectively. They discuss the topics of the day and introduce listeners to the wide array of individuals and organisations who contribute to the success of the legal industry. With a mix of business and industry insight, innovation, and knowledge sharing, the podcasts are a “must-listen” for legal practitioners.
A year in numbers
Across the publications this year we have achieved
- c. 1 million page views
- Over 10,000 practitioners subscribing to our regular newsletters
- 400+ newsletters
- 3,314 articles and counting
- 50 podcasts
- 4,000 podcast downloads
Some standout moments
- January: Today’s Conveyancer Podcast launched
- February: Today’s Wills and Probate Podcast launched
- February: Today’s Conveyancer, Wills and Probate and Family Lawyer website and logo updated
- March: The 2nd edition, and first in-person British Conveyancing Awards held at Church House, London
- March: Today’s Conveyancer’s 12th birthday
- April: The Today’s publications launched their “Support Ukraine” pages showing the legal sector how they can help their Ukrainian counterparts
- June: Today’s Media’s 1st birthday
- June: Today’s Family Lawyer launched its jobs board
- July: National Conveyancing Week launched
- August: Today’s Family Lawyer turns three
- September: Today’s Family Lawyer podcast launched
- September: Today’s Wills and Probate turned 8
- September: Inaugural Leaders of Tomorrow event
- October: The British Wills and Probate Awards celebrated its 5th year at the suitably named Grand Hotel, Birmingham
A select few from the 3,300+ articles brought by 2022…
- February: The Leasehold Reform Bill became law
- March: Court uses the term “gaslighting” in its judgment for the first time in the same year it’s voted Merriam-Webster’s “word of the year”
- April: “No fault divorce” introduced
- June: Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations; the Today’s publications take a look back through 60 years of law
- September: The TRS deadline arrived
- September: The death of Queen Elizabeth II is announced
- September: Disastrous mini-budget sees permanent SDLT cut
- November: The government rejected the latest calls for reform to cohabitation law
- November: Probate delays continued to plague the sector
- December: First public version of Property Trust Data Framework released
“On behalf of the Today’s Media team I would thank to offer my heartfelt thanks to everybody who has contributed to the success of our publications, events, and marketing activity this year.
Whatever 2023 brings, Today’s Media will keep our finger on the pulse of the latest news, insight, regulatory updates, and best practice for conveyancing, private client, and family practitioners in England and Wales.
We wish you a very Merry Christmas, and a happy and prosperous New Year. See you in 2023!”
– David Opie, Managing Director, Today’s Media